The Center's activity currently falls intro three main areas of inquiry:
1. Uncertainty, asset prices and finance
- How to restructure and regulate the banking sector and the financial markets?
- How to create a framework to deal with excessive asset price swings?
- How to ensure the availability of adequate credit which is essential to support the reactivation of an innovative and dynamic economy?
- How to reduce the system’s vulnerability to future crises?
2. Dynamism, entrepreneurs, and financiers
- How to regain grassroots dynamism in the US?
- How to increase economic dynamism in Europe? Other parts of the world?
- What macroeconomic and microeconomic policies would boost entrepreneurship?
3. Inclusion: participation and the experience of work
- How to create or regain economic inclusion in the US and across the world?
- What measures could be taken to make the financial sector more inclusive?
- What specific policies could be used to target low-wage earners in the non-financial sector?
- What institutions or social atitudes need to be created or reformed to achieve a more inclusive economy?